Lied Library and the Wiener-Rogers Law Library at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas campus are United States Patent & Trademark Office designated Patent and Trademark Resource Centers. The core mission and purpose of the Patent & Trademark Resource Centers (PTRC) is to support the establishment of intellectual property by inventors and to increase the understanding of patents and trademarks by UNLV students. The Patent & Trademark Resource Center achieves this mission and purpose through assisting inventors in researching and establishing intellectual property and through providing educational workshops and one-on-one training on intellectual property.
Location of the Patent & Trademark Centers
The Patent & Trademark Resource Centers are located on the first floor of the Lied Library and on the third floor of the in the Wiener-Rogers Law Library within the William S. Boyd School of Law. Below are maps and directions to the Lied Library and the Wiener-Rogers Law Library.
Appointment and walk-in hours
The Patent and Trademark Center will be open by appointment only December 11-15 between 3:00 and 5:00 pm. Request an appointment by filling out the visitor request form or by emailing Patrick Griffis at email@example.com.
The center will be closed December 18 - January 15.
- Monday and Wednesday, by appointment only
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, walk-in hours from 3:00 - 5:00 pm
- Saturday and Sunday, closed
Patent & Trademark Resource Center Services and Resources
The Patent & Trademark Resource Centers provide:
- Access to resources such as Patent Public Search and TESS, Trademark Electronic Search System
- Patent & trademark books as well as USPTO brochures.
- A Research Guide with information on patents and trademarks, including what they are, the application process, and how to search for those that already exist.
- A video tutorial providing a quick overview of searching for patents through Google's patent search.
- Trained experts to answer your questions about patent and trademark research.
- Research consultations to help inventors research and establish intellectual property.
- Workshops and one-on-one training for the UNLV and Southern Nevada communities on researching and establishing intellectual property.
- Outreach events for inventors in the UNLV and the Southern Nevada Community.
While Patent & Trademark Center staff do not conduct patent searches on behalf of center visitors, we can provide instruction on the search process to individuals, groups, and classes. Appointments are recommended.
Patrick Griffis, Lied Library Business Librarian
firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-895-2231
Youngwoo Ban, Wiener-Rogers Law Library Research Librarian
email@example.com or 702-895-5819