Requirements for off-campus access to databases, journals, and articles
- Must be a current student, faculty, or staff member at UNLV.
- Due to licensing restrictions required by publishers of most electronic resources, off-campus access is limited to "authorized users". Alumni are not eligible.
- Have an ACE account.
- Have internet access and use an updated web browser.
- Use the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge for the best results.
- Some databases only work with specific browsers. If you are having trouble accessing materials, try using a different browser before asking for help.
- Many databases and e-journals need these settings turned on in your browser.
- Check your browser settings for how to turn these on.
Steps to get library materials remotely
- Search or browse for a database, journal, article, ebook, streaming video, etc.
- Select an item
- You will be prompted to enter your ACE account username and password before the item opens.
Chat, email, or call us with your question.
Problem Report Form
Report an access problem to the Libraries and receive a response within 2 working days.